Quality Representation You Can Trust.
About Bardia Aaron Akhavan
Mr. Akhavan’s exclusive expertise in employment law has enabled him to fearlessly stand up against employers of any size who have taken advantage of hard-working employees. Mr. Akhavan’s passion for justice has recovered millions of dollars for the hundreds of clients he has had the pleasure of representing throughout his career. Mr. Akhavan is recognized for balancing his personable and empathetic approach towards his clients, while maintaining a strong, zealous, and resilient attitude against employers and their attorneys.
Mr. Akhavan practices in all areas of employment litigation including wage and hour violations, wrongful termination, whistleblowing, and claims covered under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).
Mr. Akhavan received his Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School where he was selected as an Alumni Scholarship Recipient. He earned a B.A. in Psychology from the University of California, Los Angeles, named on the Dean’s Honors List on several occasions. Mr. Akhavan combines his knowledge of the law with his background in psychology to successfully advance his client’s cases.
As a law student, Mr. Akhavan served as the President of the Jewish Law Students Association, as well as the Vice President of the Business Law Society.
Prior to Akhavan & Associates, Mr. Akhavan worked for several different firms as well as entertainment companies practicing labor and employment law where he learned the value of interpersonal relationships and the importance of one’s reputation in the legal community.
In addition to English, Mr. Akhavan is fluent in Persian/Farsi and Korean.
Mr. Akhavan’s interests include listening to music, playing basketball, practicing martial arts where he holds a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, cooking, and spending time with family and friends.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles; Juris Doctor; Alumni Scholarship Recipient
- University of California, Los Angeles; Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- State Bar of California
- California Superior Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (BHBA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- California Lawyers Association
- Labor & Employment Section
- Litigation Section
- Solo & Small Firm Section